Monday, May 31, 2010

Knitted Heirlooms

Travis' great-grandmother knit his cousin these amazing goods when she was born 31 years ago.  Aunt Karen sent them to us "on loan" until Cousin Kelly is ready for them for her own future children.  Adaline was able to wear the outfit her great-great-grandmother knit three decades ago, how cool is that?  The articles are in great condition and the detail is amazing.  We have a few more sweaters that will fit Adaline when she's older, as well as a few sweaters that my great-grandmother knit for me, almost 30 years ago. 

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness, the pom poms on the hat are adorable!! I am so copying that...

Margo said...

You can tell the yarn is older (is really rough) but other than that, the sweater and hat are still in style! Or are they back in style...are we really that old?!

Hilary said...

Margie-o, I think we ARE that old. :)

I keep looking at these photos and can't get over how perfect your great-grandmother's work is. Even the stitches on the ribbon are lovely!!